The order of the safety equipment is one of the most important steps in your Dakar preparation. Please find below a brief of each mandatory equipment (costs included in the vehicle fee) and respective order forms which are to send back to our suppliers before November 10th. If necessary, you may add your optional choices on these forms, knowing that these costs are not included in the registration fee.
This equipment will be mounted before boarding in Marseille on the beginning of December or during the technical scrutineering for the vehicles which will not be loaded in Marseille which should recover their safety equipment, in the technical checks.
You must then present your vehicles with the accessories mounted ready to fix the equipment.
Compulsory equipments :
For all your question about the Iritrack, the Smalltrack or the Sarsat distress beacon, you can go to the Marlink eshop or your can contact directly Marlink:
EMEA: +33 (0)1 48 84 34 00
Americas: +1 (310) 616 5594
+1 855 769 39 59 (toll free)
Asia Pacific: +65 64 29 83 11
Iritrack is a safety instrument and must therefore be connected directly to the battery.
Iritrack enables real-time monitoring of positions and tracking of competitors, thereby making it easier to follow the race.
Iritrack enables you to transmit qualified information to the race headquarter (PCO) in real time. In the case of a problem, you can be pinpointed by the organization and even talk with them.
Fields of application are as follows:
- Triggering or requesting emergency help in case of a serious incident (for you or for another competitor),
- Transmission of an alarm and/or telephone contact with the PCO.
There are 2 possible modes:
- Transmission of an alarm and/or telephone contact with the PCO,
- Automatic: if a brutal shock or a prolonged stop of the vehicle is detected, the system transmits an alarm message to the PCO indicating your GPS position. With the telephone function, the PCO can contact you without any action on your part (automatic receiver pick-up and inbuilt microphone) to establish a dialogue.
A 1500€ deposit will be asked for the Iritrack.
CAR/ T3 / SSV / Dakar Classic
It is necessary to pass order for the following support accessories : power cables, antennas, supports....
The SARSAT distress beacon is mandatory for all race vehicles (cars, T3, SSV, trucks, bikes and quads).
A 300€ deposit will be asked for the distress beacon. In case of damage of the distress beacon, the deposit will be charged.
CARS, T3, SSV, TRUCKS, BIKE/QUAD
All the accessories are available on the e-shop.
For all your question about the GPS UNIK II or the GPS UNIK IV, you can go to the eshop ERTF or you can contact directly ERTF :
E.R.T.F. Compétition (GPS)
Parc Technologique de SOYE
56275 PLOEMEUR Cedex - FRANCE
Tél. : +33 (0)18.104.22.168.85
Fax : +33 (0)22.214.171.124.21
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Web : www.ertf.com
Sentinel is a safety instrument and must therefore be connected directly to the battery. Sentinel is a safety system fitted to all racing vehicles. It enables to warn the competitors on the following cases:
- The vehicle behind wants to overtake: when the driver of a car or truck presses on the push-button control, a signal is transmitted to the competing bike/quad/car/truck that he wants to overtake (range: 150 meters). The driver about to be overtaken receives an audible warning.
- Accident warning alarm: if a vehicle represents a danger to competitors arriving on the sport (concealed behind a dune, rollover after turn), the pilot must press the two alarm buttons on his Sentinel. Then coming competitors are thus informed by an Audible Buzzer plus a Flashing Light.
MOTO / QUAD
CAR / T3 / TRUCK / SSV
It is necessary to pass order for the following support accessories: power cables, antennas, supports…
Part of the DAKAR 2022 CARS, T3, SSV and TRUCK will be equipped with the electronic road book.
You can already discover its presentation and its functioning while waiting to send you more information about the order of the installation kit which will be to be made with ERTF.
For all your question about the TRIPY K, you can go to the TRIPY website or you can contact directly TRIPY :
Tripy S.A.Faubourg de Bruxelles, 320
6041 GOSSELIES - BELGIQUE
Tél. : +32 (0)126.96.36.199
Fax : +32 (0)188.8.131.52
E-mail commande : email@example.com
Web : www.tripy.eu
TRIPY K is a mandatory tool for assistance, press and Dakar Classic vehicles registered to the Dakar.
This qualified GPS based navigation roadbook offers:
- Automatic display of the roadbook notes (including instantaneous km countdown),
- A Tripmaster function,
- Warning for overspeed or upcoming itinerary danger,
- Warning for quitting the programmed roadbook and navigation assistance to rejoin the main itinerary.
Mounting kits must be ordered online here in advance and will be delivered in Marseille or Jeddah for an immediate assembly. The Accessories kit is composed of is 2 RAM-Mount fixing, 1 supply cable (ref 9020K, same since DKR2021), 1 sun protect cover.
IMPORTANT: for Tripy-K: power supply must be permanent direct from battery
Tripy will be delivered in Jeddah and must be given back the last day of the rally. A 1000€ deposit will be required.
ASSISTANCE, PRESS & DAKAR CLASSIC
Each assistance & press crew must buy a Tripy mounting Kit on TRIPY WEBSITE.
More information HERE.